In this webinar, Cultivate CEO and Co-Founder Casey Clark outlined how to jumpstart your revenue using two effective tactics: The Winback Campaign and Proper Followup.
The pace you set now sets the tone for your whole year. Jumpstart your revenue growth now by refocusing on your sales funnel and re-engaging some of your lapsed clients, or inactive subscribers, with a win-back campaign from experienced lead generation advisors.
What is a win-back campaign?
A win-back email campaign is a series of targeted, personalized emails sent to past customers or previously warm prospects with the goal of re-engaging them (or winning them back).
Why is this important? Simple. It can cost up to 5x more to attract a new customer than to retain an existing one.
If done correctly, a win-back campaign reminds people why they subscribed in the first place. And it can be an effective way of moving someone from inactive to loyal customer.
Getting started is as easy as getting organized and planning your approach.
Step 1: Organize your list to tailor messaging
When you build a win-back campaign, you need to segment your lists to created tailored messaging. Segmenting enables you to deliver more relevant content to each group. Casey suggests breaking it into three buckets, Past customers, Prospects who never closed, and dead leads, but depending on your list size and scope, you might decide to segment those groups even further.
Step 2: Plan your approach
Once you have your lists segmented, you need to plan your approach. Decide how you want to re-engage your list. Here is an example sequence:
- Remind them you exist. Sometimes a simple “hello” is all you need to spark re-engagement.
- Offer an incentive. When your first message doesn’t get the traction you’re looking for, you can reel them in with an incentive. This can be a discount code, a free webinar offer, a free trial, etc.
- Request feedback. Allow them to share their thoughts. Even if this doesn’t result in a sale, you’ll get more consumer insight.
- Break-up. In a last-ditch effort to re-engage the customer, let them know you’ll unsubscribe them unless they respond to this email.
- Unsubscribe. If they haven’t responded to your previous messages, it’s okay to pull the plug. Send them a last message to let them know they’ve been unsubscribed in case they want to come back.
This is only one example of an email sequence you can try with your list. Once you identify your lists, you can play around with your offering and develop a sequence that works for your needs.
Adding this tactic to your sales process can help you re-engaging old contacts to start closing more deals. If you’re unsure where to start or need more help with your sales process, you don’t have to go at it alone. Schedule a free two-hour session with Cultivate Advisors to dig into your business.